Staying Safe Online
There are a lot of fun things for kids to do on the web. There are also a lot of people and web sites, so you need to be careful. Here are some things to remember:
- Never give your full name, address, phone number, school name and address or any other information without asking your parents first. Use a fun name when you're online, not even your real name.
- Never agree to meet anyone in person that you met online or talk with them on the phone.
- If someone upsets you or makes you uncomfortable, don't answer back. Tell your parents.
- Never send a person your picture or anything else without asking your parents first.
- Don't give out your password to anyone except your parents--not even your best friend!
- Don't click on links in emails from people you don't know.
- Don't do anything online that costs money unless your parents say it's okay.
- If you are unsure about anything - ask your parents!