The Pipersville Free Library building was built as a one-room chapel in 1886, with bricks that were made in Pipersville. The chapel housed a Sunday school for many years. After the chapel closed in the mid-1900s, the Friends of the Pipersville Free Library formed to use the building as a community library. The building reopened as a library in 1966.
For many years, the library had no computers or electronic book processing, and although it now has a computerized catalog, volunteers still check books out with stamps and cards.