Riegelsville Public Library

ACCOMPLISHMENTS & HISTORY

Riegelsville Library occupies the second floor of Riegelsville Borough Hall. The building was originally constructed by John Leidy Riegel in 1886 as the Riegelsville Academy, a private college-preparatory school for boys and girls. Although most of the student body was drawn from local families, a few students enrolled from as far away as California and Alaska. The library was a component of the original school. The Academy closed in the early 1900's and the library underwent several administrative changes during the subsequent decades. The library officially reopened as a public library in 1976. The Banko Children's Room was dedicated in 2006.

page footer 5 Things POWER Library Ask Here PA Facebook Online Book Club audio and e-books