Southampton Free Library

Accomplishments & History

The library was founded in 1921 by the Women's Club of Southampton. For a number of years a non-profit organization, the Southampton Free Library Association, managed the library in a very small building on Second Street Pike. Recognizing a need for more library space and parking for its growing population, Upper Southampton Township adopted the library in 1969 and constructed a new building that opened in 1971. The library grew once again in 1989 with an expanded children's area, reference section and meeting room.

page footer WishList POWER Library Ask Here PA Facebook Online Book Club audio and e-books