Bucks County Public Libraries Video Contest 2010
- Any teen, going into 6th through 12th grade may enter. In the event of a group submission, the prize will be divided among the group members.
- Videos must be no more than one minute long.
- Video entries must incorporate, either in audio or video, the theme of 2011's summer reading program: You Are Here.
- Video entries must be original works created between June 19, 2010 and August 8, 2010.
- Music, images and video clips included in the video must be copyright-free, legally licensed by obtaining the copyright holder's permission, licensed through Creative Commons licensing or be entirely original content created by the teen(s) submitting the video.
- Video entries must be appropriate for viewing by all ages.
- Video entries are not limited to videos that include individuals or groups of people. Animation, claymation, puppetry and other inventive forms of video presentation using inanimate objects are equally acceptable. If people are recorded, contestants are responsible for obtaining permission from anyone appearing in the video, even incidentally, by way of a signed Media Release Form
- Contestants must obtain permission from the library director or manager before recording in the library.
- All entries must adhere to the YouTube Community Guidelines as stated on the YouTube web site. See http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines. If you are under the age of 13, you must have a parent or guardian sign-up for the account and upload your video.
- Video entry forms will only be accepted between June 19, 2010 and August 8, 2010.
- Contestants agree to allow Bucks County Public Libraries to use their first name (or team name) and video submission for Library marketing and promotion that may appear on the web or other media, including the Library's print publications.
- Bucks County Public Library has no obligation to use any video submissions for any purpose whatsoever, is not responsible for any lost, delayed, damaged or illegal submissions and may disqualify any video entry based on content or production.
- Winners will be chosen by a panel of independent judges.
- Videos will be judged on creativity, originality, technical quality and the inclusion, in audio or video, of the words: You Are Here
- Judges' decisions are final.
- Winners will be notified by September 1, 2010.
- Prizes will be awarded at the Yardley Branch of the Bucks County Free Library in September 2010. Winners or their representative must be present to win.
This contest is made possible with support of the Hamilton G. Disbrow Trust.